• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gout

I've suffered three attacks of gout in my big toe the first just after my back surgery 2013 2 more times since.
Just having the air on the air conditioner made it hurt but when my cat jumped on my foot my pain level went to a 10 I couldn't imagine getting it in my knee eye doctor said that that would be a hospital stay.
Haven't had it in 2 years but if I get it again I'm going to try to find out what causes it cause for 3 days that's a lot of pain

Just went through it two days ago. I went to a Doc in the Box. (AFC) and they gave
me a five day prescription. It only took one day for the pain to be almost non existent.
Today is day three and there is no pain at all. Def. worth the time to go.

I've only had one flare up before, don't remember what the doctor doc prescribed but it worked. Mostly a diet change can fix it. My granny drinks cherry concentrate, she says it's horrible but it works

Yikes

I have an annual occupational physical and just got the info back from this years ,
High uric acid in blood and low white cell count , higher cholesterol too

Last year everything was normal
Guess I better get it checked out ,
I don't even have a regular doc , haven't been in years

I keep a prescription of indomethacin and take one or two when an attack starts. I have,a few times, let it go too far,and go to a doc and get a steroid shot,which works in a few minutes. Worst thing to bring it on me is asparagus,field peas,red meat,and shell seafood. You can eat this stuff in small amounts,but eating a lot,several days in a row,brings it on.

About 3 or 4 times a year I wake up with gout in my left foot so bad that I can't even walk because of the pain. For me, it seems to be worse in the cooler months. I'll drink cherry juice, soak both of my feet in hot water with betadine in it and take ibuprofen for a week and it goes away. I wouldn't wish it on anybody, not even my ex-wife.

How many of you have it?
How do you keep yours from hurting so bad?

I got a bout of gout at the beginning of this year. It lasted for five weeks and the first 3 1/2 weeks I couldn't even walk. I've gone to a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a bit of lemon juice and water along with drinking tart cherry juice and I have the allopurinol, but find it difficult to take as one of the side effects of that drug is diarrhea.

The emergency room said it was so bad it was arthritic gout and my primary care physician said there is no such thing. I try to avoid the triggers, but what's bad for gout is good for other things, so it's a vicious cycle.

Back
Top Bottom