Grandad's Shotgun

November Sierra

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
188   0
Reaction score
Two weekends ago my dad showed me his great grandad's 870. Said all he needed was a magazine cap. I figured I'd go ahead and get him one, it was a cheap part so why not? I gave it to him last Friday and he ends up giving the shotgun to me.

So now I have my great great grandad's 870. It's a true remington and not Cerberus garbage. I was told its a skeet shooting shotgun. That both he and grandad shot skeet with it. I believed him because it's internals look like they hadn't been cleaned in 500 years. Regardless, I got it cleaned up as best I could. I haven't ever seen a comp like this one before. He said its over 50 years old and by the looks of it he's right

I know its nothing crazy compared to the mint colts or whatever, but I'm still a kid and this shotgun just radiates something special from a man I never met

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 70
Looks good. Glad to hear he thinks you're responsible enough to give it to you. I have a few guns that are worth squat to others, but priceless to me. Hold on to it and pass it on some day.

My dad gave me his Remy 870 Wingmaster thats pretty old that he used to shoot skeet and trap with. It still comes out of the safe for a stretch once in a while. Nice looking shotgun bro!

Really nice gun. Iused to shoot an 870 wingmaster when I was very young,from 12 to 18 dove and duck hunting with my dad. Started out with my granddads 20 ga. when I was 10. Hang onto that gun for sure. You can't find them like like anymore, if you do they are very few and far between.

Really nice gun. Iused to shoot an 870 wingmaster when I was very young,from 12 to 18 dove and duck hunting with my dad. Started out with my granddads 20 ga. when I was 10. Hang onto that gun for sure. You can't find them like like anymore, if you do they are very few and far between.
That's what this one is. 12 gauge wingmaster

You are a fortunate young man. There is nothing like old things handed down through the generations. Enjoy the memories and make some of your own to pass along. I love my old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom