• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Green egg cooking

Www.amazingribs.com my favorite grillin site...all kinds of recipets and info...

If you do a ham, google dr. Chickens double smoked ham...the kiss of death glaze is unreal...

A bacon wrapped pork tenderloin stuffed with pinapple "chutney" or cinnnamen apples is outstanding too...i can pm reciept

There is nothing complicated about BGE smoking. Keep the temperature below 300ª and you are golden.

1hr per lb of pork.

I just rub my ribs down and put them in, membrane and all, it becomes a crunchy flavor filled treat.

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_Stuff_IMG_0162_zps14fe370d.jpg

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_Stuff_IMG_0163_zps0723b6cc.jpg

i529.photobucket.com_albums_dd335_R_Tison_Stuff_IMG_0164_zps93e57f7c.jpg

Love Sweet Baby Rays sauce..I have had my BGE for about 25 yrs clay model and rebuilt it three times...Still the best I have ever owned..I do have several others for jerky and fish..Use those for low and slow I mean 125-250 degrees..it has a digital timer and feed wood from the outside.

Smoke a fatty.

No, not that kind. Simple fatty :

1lb bacon- weaved into a flat sheet
1lb of your favorite breakfast sausage- rolled flat into a sheet that will fit inside the bacon sheet.
Cheese of your choice
Other fillings of choice-endless possibilities here

Roll it up to resemble a meatloaf and smoke it till the meats are done. Baste with BBQ sauce if you like.

Google smoked fatty recipes to get filling ideas.

Ok. I'm jumping in for some advice as well. I've been happy with everything I've cooked on my egg except ribs. I'm cooking indirect and I've done 200 and 225 degrees but they are not falling off the bone good.
wrap them in foil about half way thru

Lots of great information and thanks for the messages with advice on the ribs. One more question. What's the best way to get of the blasted membrane?

Back
Top Bottom