• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Green egg cooking

Ok. I'm jumping in for some advice as well. I've been happy with everything I've cooked on my egg except ribs. I'm cooking indirect and I've done 200 and 225 degrees but they are not falling off the bone good.

what you doing for prep, cook, etc? how long you cooking? are they dry or whats the issue?

I like to use baby back ribs. First thing I do is take the silver membrane off the inside part. It's very tough
I also will marinate them over night then pat dry and put a dry rub on them.
Let them come to room temp before placing on the grill. Then I do the 3-2-1 method for cooking them
They fall apart. Give it a try

Ok. I'm jumping in for some advice as well. I've been happy with everything I've cooked on my egg except ribs. I'm cooking indirect and I've done 200 and 225 degrees but they are not falling off the bone good.

I remove the membrane,then apply a dry rub and leave them in the fridge over night. I then cook at either 200 or 225 with lots of smoke.

are they dry or just not as tender as you want? might go a little longer on the cook? I use a spray bottle with apple juice and apple cider vinegar to keep them moist so they don't dry out. Apply a few squirts every hour or so keeps them juicy. other thing is the temp at the actual grille level can be little different than the temp in the dome where the built in thermometer is located.

a chicken standing up with a can of beer shoved up its butt,
basted in a cajun rubb......Your choice on whether you wanna rubb or insert can first.

Back
Top Bottom