• Trader Joes

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Aldi

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Tacos

Votes: 8 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A year ago I would have said Ingles but when it comes to prices lately they've completely lost their damn minds. They think they're Harris Teeter now.
I've gone from buying the majority of my groceries there to just shopping the sales items and spreading the rest of it around.
I like aldi because it's the only place to buy the German items that my fat ass is too fond of and they have the best bagels.
I avoid WM like the plague.

We shop at Ingles, it's the closest, with a decent selection. I like Kroger and Publix, but they are not close locally. I hate going in a Walmart, it's hell trying to get out of there.

I do dig Aldi but not everything they have is good. I recall their coffee being pretty bad. I tried their bottled beer a while back and I was glad I only bought a six pack. But you can't beat their bread aisle and canned goods. Hell I got a cabinet stash of food at work that's mostly Aldi stuff.
Can't remember if it was on the way back from your place or @geezer's house when I passed a Lidl which is supposed to be a big Aldi competitor. I heard Clark Howard talking about it years ago so I knew it had to be cheap.

Must be the stores near you I have no complaints on either the coffee or beer. In did have to try a few of the different coffees before finding one I like. The beer, from what I can tell, is mostly from Wisconsin breweries. Aldi carries a Bock beer that is fantastic imo.

Must be the stores near you I have no complaints on either the coffee or beer. In did have to try a few of the different coffees before finding one I like. The beer, from what I can tell, is mostly from Wisconsin breweries. Aldi carries a Bock beer that is fantastic imo.
Their "Winking Owl" Sangria is the best packaged Sangria I've ever had.
It's the closest I've ever seen to real Spanish restaurant wine that I've tried.
Head and shoulders above the more familiar name brands.

Back
Top Bottom