Group Purchase Opportunity for a Community in Panama – Interest Check

EducatedHelp

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
15   0
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am exploring the possibility of organizing a group purchase of land in Panama to develop a community aimed at those interested in vacation homes, bug-out spots, investment opportunities, or retirement options. Here are some key points and benefits of this initiative:

1. Diverse Uses:

• Vacation Home: Enjoy the beautiful landscapes and warm climate of Panama as a getaway destination.
  • Bug-Out Location: Utilize the property as a secure bug-out location in times of need.
  • Investment: Take advantage of the growing real estate market in Panama.
  • Retirement: Settle down in a community with like-minded individuals in a country that appreciates the value of peace and simplicity.
2. Gun Laws:
Panama allows the legal possession of firearms by civilians. As gun enthusiasts, this could be an essential factor for our community, ensuring that each member can exercise their right to own and bear arms, under compliance with local regulations.

3. VISAs and Residency for Americans:
Panama offers several visa options that are favorable to Americans, including the Friendly Nations Visa, which can lead to permanent residency. This makes staying long-term or even relocating permanently a feasible option.

4. Community Development:
The idea is to collectively buy a larger parcel of land at a reduced price per unit area, allowing us to design and develop a community with shared amenities and security features tailored to our group’s needs.

5. Additional Perks:

• Proximity to the US: Short flights back to the continental United States. It is only a four-hour flight from Atlanta to Panama City, and flights, when planned well, can be as inexpensive as about $450 round trip.
  • Economic Stability: Panama uses the US dollar, simplifying financial transactions without worrying about exchange rate fluctuations.
  • Expat Friendly: High expatriate population with a welcoming attitude towards Americans.
Interest Check:
Please reply to this thread if you are interested or have any questions. Your feedback is valuable and will help gauge the level of interest in such a project. If there is enough interest, we can start more formal planning and detailed discussions. I already have some property in mind - right on the ocean.

Looking forward to your thoughts and expressions of interest!

I've been (have family there), and it's a wonderful country, but it goes full authoritarianism when the shtf. During Covid it was an absolute civil rights nightmare. Not somewhere you want to be if things go pear shaped.
Maybe - what I am thinking about is more of a self-sustained community - not too near Panama City - where, if the SHTF, we can sustain ourselves indefinitely.

Interesting idea, I'll be following how it develops.

Do you have any estimates as to how many participants you're seeking and any idea of ballpark costs?

My 80 year old parents moved to Ecuador several years ago. They love it. They chose it because they use the dollar as their currency just like Panama, the cost of living is low, and the medical care is pennies on the dollar. Apparently they heard that Ecuador was more politically stable than Panama. I guess…if you think political candidates getting assassinated by narco-terrorists and masked gunmen taking over television stations is “stable”. Ironically, they left partially because they hated Trump and his policies…then when my mom is complaining about all the foreigners coming to Ecuador I have to laugh. And then there were the peasant uprisings a few years ago (the indigenous folk were protesting corporations taking over the rainforest) and el Presidente ordered martial law and my mom was boo hooing about the military and tanks rolling down the streets, again I had to laugh. Then when my mom had to come back home for back surgery because Medicare would cover it here and she didn’t have the $25,000 her Ecuadorian doctor wanted in advance, I had to laugh again…but still, they love it. I won’t go visit them because it’s a third world ****hole. Love my folks despite their delusional liberalism but I still won’t fly down. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom