• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guard Dogs

I've always felt that little dogs, or even dogs who bark at the least little noise aren't being aggressive, per se. I think they're actually trying to alert YOU to come protect them.....
It's called a "Pack Alert" and is meant to notify not only the pack that there is an intruder, but also the intruder that their presence is known. It is not aggressive behavior, though it can turn into aggression depending on the situation and dog involved.

A small dog has just as good senses as a large one and make just as much noise when alerted while requiring much less food to maintain.

They can also be more difficult to suppress by an intruder. Smaller target.

A small dog has just as good senses as a large one and make just as much noise when alerted while requiring much less food to maintain.

They can also be more difficult to suppress by an intruder. Smaller target.
Yes, that's true. But I think they also can be prone to pee themselves when scared. :0)

So can the big ones, but who cares as long as they're making a lot of noise.
Yes...ordinarily...but my daughter had one of the biggest Danes I've ever seen and he wasn't scared of anything. When I stretched him out once in the yard and pulled him up by his forearms to make him vertical his paws stretched near 7 feet. I'm 6'2"..... he was huge... He'd just look at anything like a Dobie or whatever and act like, "so what."

Back
Top Bottom