• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gulf rig partially collapses as fire rages

I think I'd rather go work the rigs in North Dakota. At least there you can drive to the nearest town, not have to wait for a boat or helicopter!

ND doesn't allow any alcohol and the tundra is like some kind of super glue mud, from what I was told. One of my buds works 28 on and 28 off and the rig pays ALL of his taxes! What he makes is all his. The other ones work 14 on/off in the gulf and the heli trip is only about 30-45 minutes. The ride back to Alabama is the kicker and takes them around 7 hours.

ND doesn't allow any alcohol and the tundra is like some kind of super glue mud, from what I was told. One of my buds works 28 on and 28 off and the rig pays ALL of his taxes! What he makes is all his. The other ones work 14 on/off in the gulf and the heli trip is only about 30-45 minutes. The ride back to Alabama is the kicker and takes them around 7 hours.

I wouldn't be there to party, just to make money!
And I still prefer land under my feet, rather than maybe in sight on the horizon.
If my back wasn't dorked, I would have already been up there!

I wouldn't be there to party, just to make money!
And I still prefer land under my feet, rather than maybe in sight on the horizon.
If my back wasn't dorked, I would have already been up there!

I would prefer west Texas. More to do in your "off" time. ND has "man camps" and their crime rates are off the chart. You have to eat at predetermined times and can't curse or drink in the camp. Hotel rooms are few and far between...hell, the 7-11 guy makes over $15 per hour!

Back
Top Bottom