What type of gun belt do you prefer?

• Leather

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Adjustiable non leather

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Non-leather with eye hole buckle

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
i fear if i get leather it will wear and stretch and not fit snug. but thats my experience with non gun belts. i do like the quick release buckle idea just didn't know how sturdy they are

I wear the 5.11 apex tactical guner belt... I have a brown and black and wear them in place of dress belts. Zero stretch or roll and I carry iwb and owb with them.

I wore the leather off the top and bottom of a couple of 511 belts; but they were priced right. They still worked fine; just looked bad with the white insert showing. I've got a very nice House of Fleming gun belt that feels great and has something under the alligator hide to keep it stiff. I don't know how it would hold up with a lot of severe use and its not even budget friendly; but looks awesome.

Most leather gun belts don't stretch much as they are built different from the thin belts most people are used to wearing. One thing is that gun belts tend to be measured differently than dress belts. Every mfg has a slightly different way of doing it, so check before you just order something in the wrong size.

i edc leather belts but i use this aegis enhanced when i carry my glock 17:

inholsteronbelt.JPG

Been wearing this one for the past week because I just got it. No long term review but so far I like it a lot. Its steel reinforced and thick bridle leather and I don't think with construction like that it will stretch. I don't foresee any problems and the price is very good compared to a lot of stuff I looked at. I'm liking the cloak tuck 3 IWB holster too. Made in USA. The current wait time is about 5-6 weeks
http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-gun-belt.html/

I wore the leather off the top and bottom of a couple of 511 belts; but they were priced right. They still worked fine; just looked bad with the white insert showing. I've got a very nice House of Fleming gun belt that feels great and has something under the alligator hide to keep it stiff. I don't know how it would hold up with a lot of severe use and its not even budget friendly; but looks awesome.

Most leather gun belts don't stretch much as they are built different from the thin belts most people are used to wearing. One thing is that gun belts tend to be measured differently than dress belts. Every mfg has a slightly different way of doing it, so check before you just order something in the wrong size.
thanks for the sizing heads up i think thats why i was going adjustable in the first place in fear of buying a $60-$90 leather belt and mis-measuring

I know the feeling. Just check out how the mfg gets their belt sizing and go from there. Another thing you can do is go into a LGS and see how different belts look and feel. A good gun belt makes a huge difference in how a weapon carries. Up tight, no roll, and stays in position for a good belt, or flopping on its side and sticking out for a normal dress belt. As far as bad measuring, most belts have 5-7 holes for adjustments just like a normal dress belt. Also, a nice gun belt can look like a nice dress belt if you watch what you are ordering if you need to convince the significant other in the house.

Back
Top Bottom