• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun Builds You've always wanted to do, but never seem to find the time?

Kain8719

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
47   0
Reaction score
I'm curious to see if anyone has this problem. There are maybe at the moment three, maybe four rifle builds that I would love to do to have. One I may be remedying in the next week as I am picking up a 10/22 I am hoping to make into a target 10/22. Another one is not only in my price range but available, the other two, less so. Wondering if anyone else has had builds that they have always wanted to do buy either through lack of funds or times never get around to them.

My top three at the moment have been
1. Target 10/22
2. A Enfield rifle chamber in .45ACP and modified to take 1911 mags
3. AR15 18 inch barreled SPR

I have a "good enough" target 10/22 built, but I have yet to fully build an AR15. Not a huge priority as I already have a Daniel Defense M4 that ought to last longer than me.

I would also love to build a nice match -grade 1911.

I have a "good enough" target 10/22 built, but I have yet to fully build an AR15. Not a huge priority as I already have a Daniel Defense M4 that ought to last longer than me.

I would also love to build a nice match -grade 1911.

I've got a bushmaster AR15 and building another one that will be a recce rifle, but I haven't ever had the urge to build on from a ground up. Same way with the 1911, got my TRP don't know if i need a full on match grade, TRP is more accurate then I am and its almost a 2 inch gun at 25 meters if you take you time as it is.

I actually got to fullfill this dream this year! As we speak ER SHAW has my rifle and when I get it back I will have a 338-06Ackley Improved with a 26 inch barrel built on a Remington 700 detachable mag.

.50 Beowulf

I cant stop buying junk for a .223 that is never used.
I would safely say I have 2.5k+ in accessories and new parts
for a $1200 rifle

I want to build my own rifle....Like completely, MILL the action, barrel and bolt and everything MYSELF, Not pay someone to do it.....

Realistically I want to build my own 1911...

Ar been there done that...Ak, just dont see the point, your bending sheet metal big whoop....

Back
Top Bottom