Gun confiscation in the event of a national emergency..possible?

57tr6

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
84   0
Reaction score
Say there is a national emergency like a total prolonged breakdown in the power grid for whatever reason in which MARTIAL LAW is implemented. Gun confiscation?

Worked for New Orleans.
Sorta...didn't seem to stop all those rapes and looting though.

I won't be allowing any of my goodies to fall into enemy hands- and you ARE an enemy if you attempt to relieve people of their ability to protect themselves (sorry Cop/Statist lovers). I figure, if I see national guard troops rolling down the block or some blue helmets, it's time to Lock and load and fire with little discretion. I doubt I'll be alone, of course I doubt if such an event WERE to occur, I would have made the proper preparations and would probably not be in a populated area to begin with.

Yuup, they can just like they did in the Katrina fiasco. Once Martial Law is declared you have no Rights. So they will shoot and ask questions later. Google Gun Confiscation Katrina and read the Accounts of the People that were met with Force (6-10 Soldiers with m16's in your face and Pointed at your Family), either give up your Weapon or you and possibly your Family Die.

Last edited:
I think the last thing the troops are going to be concerned with is lawful citizens having weapons.

But see, the facts and history seem to think otherwise.
A human can be easily coerced into just about anything, don't kid yourself for one minute that your uniformed friends won't do exactly as ordered. Name a time and place that made the news (ANY news) where soldiers or cops have said "aww heck no" to orders given. I haven't seen any in a really long time, not ones involving Constitutional rights anyhow.

But see, the facts and history seem to think otherwise.
A human can be easily coerced into just about anything, don't kid yourself for one minute that your uniformed friends won't do exactly as ordered. Name a time and place that made the news (ANY news) where soldiers or cops have said "aww heck no" to orders given. I haven't seen any in a really long time, not ones involving Constitutional rights anyhow.
I've said this many times before on here, today's army concentrates on critical thinking skills and not blind orders like robots, I take the oath to the constitution as a ideal, not a person at a podium..

Back
Top Bottom