• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

gun shows?

chitownpolish

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
19   0
Reaction score
I'm cheap and new to spending a lot of my time searching for gun deals. Is it worth going to gun shows? I'm thinking about one this weekend. Any suggestions?

If you are new to guns, you can go and treat it like a museum....you can learn a few things (by handling various guns, etc), but you arent there to purchase anything, its merely educational.

too many buyers so the price rises, and vendors are usually told not to price too low or they will not be invited back to protect the shows real customers, the vendors.

If you are new to guns, you can go and treat it like a museum....you can learn a few things (by handling various guns, etc), but you arent there to purchase anything, its merely educational.

^^^this. It is a great opportunity to see variations within same models, compare size-weight-feel of weapons side by side. You may even find a knowledgeable vendor willing to talk you through the details of the pros and cons. The minimum you get is to people watch and see frenzied capitalism.

I'll charge you less to look at my guns...

So....how much do you charge? lol

Seriously, guns shows are to look at the various makes and models, compare them, handle them, but not to buy them. Individuals selling guns are the better deal, but still some of them are out of this world on their prices. I don't mind their prices, I just will not buy from them. Since you are new to gun shows, if you go, do not go to buy. As was stated earlier, go to learn, compare, and handle some guns. Deals at a gun show are as scarce as hen's teeth.

Back
Top Bottom