• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gunsmithing Forum

I found a Hamiltom model 15 rifle Made back in 1900. I was wondering if anyone here can advise me on how to fix a little problem. Someone removed pins that went through the metal section of the rifle and through the wood back portion of the rifle. They replaced the pins with screws with nuts and it just doesn't look right. I think 3 pins peened down on each side would make it right. Maybe someone could help on where to get the parts and procedure for fixing. SEE PICS. Thanks Ron

Attachments

• 20141230_5.JPG
    20141230_5.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20141230_2.JPG
    20141230_2.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20141230_4.JPG
    20141230_4.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 36
I picked up an H&R model 904, blue 4 inch barrel nine shot .22 revolver made in 1981 for really cheap. The reason it was so cheap is because it has rust all over it.
I think I can get most of the rust off with some 4 0000 steel wool and some oil. Cleaned the barrel and cylinder and barrel looks nice and shiny, action works well. What i'm thinking of doing is ceracoat or some other coating. Is there anyone on the southside that does this? Also is there a better way to clean rust off? Any advice and suggestions appreciated.

I have a WASR that has an unofficial "bolt hold open" feature. I think the bolt is catching on the hammer. Anybody have this problem/know what I'm talking about/ know how to fix this?

I have a WASR that has an unofficial "bolt hold open" feature. I think the bolt is catching on the hammer. Anybody have this problem/know what I'm talking about/ know how to fix this?
The top edge of the hammer can snag the front of the bolt carrier. Pay close attention to the point that the hammer contacts the firing pin, only working the area above it, round off the profile of the hammer area that contacts the bolt.

Welcome to the site. Here you can discuss everything to do with gunsmithing. Who do you recommend to work on what kind of firearms, who has experience that you can share, where do you get your parts and tools etc.

Maybe you guys can help me out...

I built an AR and it likes to double feed/failure to extract. I took it to a smith and the said they took a burr off the extractor and it should work fine. It still does it. So after some reading I'm thinking I should polish the chamber but I'm not sure. I've been shooting PMC .223 and using PMAGS

Back
Top Bottom