• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunsmithing Services in Gwinnett County

Why do you say that?

We have known each other for over 30 years, never had a problem.

Since you asked...A number of years ago I took a Smith & Wesson Model 410 to him for a Trigger Job after talking to him on the Phone & him assuring me he could get the SA Pull down to 3 & 3/4 to 4 & 1/2 lbs from the 6 &1/2 lbs it was outta' the Box.

Rode 85 miles round-trip to drop it off, waited a coupla' months, he calls & says it's ready, so I do the 85 mile round trip AGAIN to pick up said Smith Autopistol...Get home & start playing with the Gun & darned if the SA Trigger Pull doesn't feel considerably HEAVIER THAN 4 & 1/2 lbs...Out comes the (High dollar) Chatillon Trigger Gauge and guess what? 5 & 1/4 to 5 & 1/2 pounds...Huh....NOT what I was promised, not what I (over)paid for...Tried calling him at the Shop where he was almost every day for two weeks & he was always too busy to come to the Phone, or was out, or some other excuse.

Not being the bashful type, I rode up there AGAIN with said Smith 410 & went in & asked to speak to Rusty...Boy, was he SURPRISED to see me! After reminding him of our initial conversation, I asked would he be able to improve the SA Trigger Pull any more on my Model 410, and he replied that it was now as good as he could get it...I let him know in very direct terms--Without using any threats or profanities--That I was NOT HAPPY with his "Work", given what he had led me to believe he could do and that I thought he should either take the Pistol back & re-work it or give me a partial REFUND of the $85 I had paid for his "Work". He replied neither option would be forthcoming, so I left, quite disappointed in his failure to both deliver what he had promised me or to stand behind his work. That was over 15 years ago, so $85 for a "Trigger Job" was quite a bit of money and his failure to stand behind his "Work" still amazes me...

Since you asked...A number of years ago I took a Smith & Wesson Model 410 to him for a Trigger Job after talking to him on the Phone & him assuring me he could get the SA Pull down to 3 & 3/4 to 4 & 1/2 lbs from the 6 &1/2 lbs it was outta' the Box.

Rode 85 miles round-trip to drop it off, waited a coupla' months, he calls & says it's ready, so I do the 85 mile round trip AGAIN to pick up said Smith Autopistol...Get home & start playing with the Gun & darned if the SA Trigger Pull doesn't feel considerably HEAVIER THAN 4 & 1/2 lbs...Out comes the (High dollar) Chatillon Trigger Gauge and guess what? 5 & 1/4 to 5 & 1/2 pounds...Huh....NOT what I was promised, not what I (over)paid for...Tried calling him at the Shop where he was almost every day for two weeks & he was always too busy to come to the Phone, or was out, or some other excuse.

Not being the bashful type, I rode up there AGAIN with said Smith 410 & went in & asked to speak to Rusty...Boy, was he SURPRISED to see me! After reminding him of our initial conversation, I asked would he be able to improve the SA Trigger Pull any more on my Model 410, and he replied that it was now as good as he could get it...I let him know in very direct terms--Without using any threats or profanities--That I was NOT HAPPY with his "Work", given what he had led me to believe he could do and that I thought he should either take the Pistol back & re-work it or give me a partial REFUND of the $85 I had paid for his "Work". He replied neither option would be forthcoming, so I left, quite disappointed in his failure to both deliver what he had promised me or to stand behind his work. That was over 15 years ago, so $85 for a "Trigger Job" was quite a bit of money and his failure to stand behind his "Work" still amazes me...

I've only had great experiences with him. He's done about 5 pistols for me ( 1911 and wheel guns) and countless others for my father all the way back to the mid 80's when he was in the back of Atlanta Firearms owned by Jack.

Sucks you had a bad experience, but He's the only local I'd trust with my guns for "real" gunsmith work

Still disappointing Gun Owners after all this time...
Why do you say that?

We have known each other for over 30 years, never had a problem.
I spent over $1500 with him building me a race gun from a para ordnance frame and caspian slide back in the 90’s the gun would never run a full mag and he wouldn’t fix it !! Kept saying it was my magazine but I had 8 factory para mags and it wouldn’t run with any of them . I asked him to come with me and shoot it himself and he wouldn’t do it . Glad you had a good experience..mine was far less than good

I spent over $1500 with him building me a race gun from a para ordnance frame and caspian slide back in the 90’s the gun would never run a full mag and he wouldn’t fix it !! Kept saying it was my magazine but I had 8 factory para mags and it wouldn’t run with any of them . I asked him to come with me and shoot it himself and he wouldn’t do it . Glad you had a good experience..mine was far less than go

When the AMU's Action Pistol Team was in its infancy, Merle Edington won the 1994 USPSA National Championship in Open Class shooting a Gun that Rusty Kidd had built--The next year when Merle tried to defend his Championship, the Ambi Safety on his Open Blaster BROKE early in the Match, causing him to lose precious Match Points and not repeat as National Champ--This was AFTER R. Kidd had recently gone thru the gun and pronounced it ready for another season of shooting...

Could try talking to Gene in Snellville. 404.272.3010 - Call any time between 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Haynes Creek Gunworks
Gunsmith Services - Gwinnett Co. Georgia

Back
Top Bottom