• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Had I known they were this good...

Do you need the duck stamp to hunt geese? I assume they are considered migratory waterfowl? You have me interested, I see them a lot in the fields I usually hunt pigs but have never really taken an interest into shooting one.

Yes you need to have the Federal stamp and the HIP(it's free). Worth a try if they are in your hunting area.

Damn never new the meat was like that. Them things are all over the golf course I play. It would be easy to nail a few on the back nine...

Stamp......I don't need no stinkin stamp

Damn never new the meat was like that. Them things are all over the golf course I play. It would be easy to nail a few on the back nine...

Stamp......I don't need no stinkin stamp

9 iron to the head- it was an accident... on a golf course...PGA rules apply and I think getting a goose with a 9 iron is a mulligan for sure.

Had I known how good the Canada goose would be I would of given more time to getting them this year. Took one of the geese I got last weekend and filleted out the breasts, put them in a brine for about 10hrs, grilled them over a med-high heat for 12-14 min, took them from there to a skillet with butter to sear the outside, and let it rest for about 3-4 min before cutting. My kids ate it and asked for more. I'd say we have a winning recipe and new item on our household menu. Now all I need to do is put a few more in the freezer before the end of season.
ry%3D400

i1241.photobucket.com_albums_gg514_ster1ing_IMG_3811_201_zpsmcuxj6nm.jpg
Goose ..... The other red meat :)

We cut goose breast in strips with the grain ,then steaks ,cube it and cook it just like it's back strap ...Mmmm mmm good !

Do you need the duck stamp to hunt geese? I assume they are considered migratory waterfowl? You have me interested, I see them a lot in the fields I usually hunt pigs but have never really taken an interest into shooting one.
Yes you need the federal stamp and there is also an HIP permit

Back
Top Bottom