• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Happy Infringement Day!

Mother ****ers cant act right with a damn knife and you want to arm them with fully automatic weapons because you were denied. Lame as hell. You have stupid laws because we have stupid people.

that's terrible FUDD logic at work. There weren't "gangs of people mail ordering tommy guns and killing people". There were like 4 mobsters in the whole country and they mostly shot police. They got us the NFA and FBI, and it's been a string of over reach every since

Not suggesting it was justified then. I'm hypothesizing about our current society and what might be on the legislative agenda if would-be school shooters were mail ordering M-16s, BARs, M-60s. It might have been the vehicle by which enough people rallied to repeal the 2nd.

It's just a thought exercise. Don't blame the messenger.

Not suggesting it was justified then. I'm hypothesizing about our current society and what might be on the legislative agenda if would-be school shooters were mail ordering M-16s, BARs, M-60s. It might have been the vehicle by which enough people rallied to repeal the 2nd.

It's just a thought exercise. Don't blame the messenger.
It wouldn’t have made any difference, they don’t understand or care about the intent of the second amendment. If they did, they wouldn’t care how many school shootings happened. they’d look at the root of the problem and the reason for the second amendment.

089D1930-E37B-49C0-98BA-FE440F92DF93.jpeg

While the demonstrations in DC involving the Bonus Army were pretty much played out by 1932, the underlying causes of the discontent of World War 1 veterans still hadn't been addressed by 1934.

I always thought that one of the 'bonuses' of the NFA enacted in 1934 was to deprive those thousands of experienced military firearm users the opportunity to legally equip themselves and press their complaints a lot more forcefully to the US government.

I also seem to remember reading somewhere that early drafts of the NFA also included language to control the sale and availability of semi-automatic weapons, both long- and hand guns, but this language was removed because legislators considered it a bridge too far.

17,000 veterans and 22,000 other demonstrators attended the Bonus Army gathering in summer 1932. Imagine the horror of legislators if they'd all been armed with the types of weaponry they'd been issued (or better) when they were fighting in Europe between 1916 and 1918.

that's terrible FUDD logic at work. There weren't "gangs of people mail ordering tommy guns and killing people". There were like 4 mobsters in the whole country and they mostly shot police. They got us the NFA and FBI, and it's been a string of over reach every since
Sadly, there very might well be now, though.

Back
Top Bottom