• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Harley issues

Durango00

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
12   0
Reaction score
Someone tried to break into my neighbors home, then came up my driveway where my Harley was sitting. I came out the front door, he took off. Called the police. Found out he tried to break into 2 more homes
Police show up, neighbors mobilize, lol, seriously. I jump on my bike, like everybody else, we're looking for him.
Little while later my neighbor comes home from work to check his house, said he saw the guy we described on a bike on Gordon Rd. I get on my Harley, ride down Gordon and there he is. I stop, call the police, they're not sure where I'm at so I ride out to meet them, the guy takes off

IMMEDIATELY as the officers drive away to get him my 08 Softaill just up and died, right on the road. Pushed it off the road, tried to start it, all lights lit up but the fuel pump didn't spin, turned it off. Waited a minute, tried it again, nothing.
Waited another minute, it fired right up. Rode my ass straight home. Now I'm riding my other bike

Anyone had this issue ? I don't trust it now to ride anywhere

Yeah, they caught the guy

Check the electrical connections at the fuel pump. Especially make sure it's got a good ground. Check all connections in fuel pump circuit. Ohm wires in circuit out to check for broken wire that may be opening circuit intermittently
Could be fuel pump relay or fuel pump itself going out.

Harley had a big recall on 08 fuel pumps on some road King and touring models.

It was grinding earlier when hit the start button, then started right up. Now it runs like a champ. I'm not mechanically inclined, I don't **** it up worse than it may be

Back
Top Bottom