• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hat's off to the GA Aquarium..

nocman_2

Default rank <1250 posts
NRA Patriot Life Member (Benefactor)
11   0
Reaction score
I took my boy to the World of Coke today and bought a ticket for entry. I looked around for a sign saying they wouldn't allow firearms but didn't see one, so I bought a ticket. After going through the gate I was directed to a door that had metal detectors behind it. Without being an Azz hat I told the lady running the line that I was CCing and the detector would go off. I told her I didn't see a sign before buying the ticket and asked if they had a locker I could stow it in. She contacted security to ask them (APD officer) and she said the GA Aquarium does it sometimes for their guest. Took the walk over there and was straight up with them that I would not be going in there, but needed a place to stow my CC. At first they were hesitant, but one lady said they would take it..

Hat's off to those guys for being cool... They've got my business. (well I've been three times already anyway! :D )

We were excited when they first came to town and have a scale on the wall...

Glad to hear you had a good experience!

Their "security" is a joke. Take my word for it... they don't stop all guns from getting in, which defeats the purpose.

The first time I went to the aquarium, I forgot to leave my pocket knife in the car. I got to the minimum wage help with the wands and they said to take my keys and change out of my pocket and hold my arms out. I just palmed the knife and they never saw it. The "security" there is a joke.

I took my boy to the World of Coke today and bought a ticket for entry. I looked around for a sign saying they wouldn't allow firearms but didn't see one, so I bought a ticket. After going through the gate I was directed to a door that had metal detectors behind it. Without being an Azz hat I told the lady running the line that I was CCing and the detector would go off. I told her I didn't see a sign before buying the ticket and asked if they had a locker I could stow it in. She contacted security to ask them (APD officer) and she said the GA Aquarium does it sometimes for their guest. Took the walk over there and was straight up with them that I would not be going in there, but needed a place to stow my CC. At first they were hesitant, but one lady said they would take it..

Hat's off to those guys for being cool... They've got my business. (well I've been three times already anyway! :D )

so you gave the aquarium your pistol?

They have a locked room with lockers in it. You are able to lock your firearm up and you take the key to your locker with you.
Better than having to leave it in your car.

Back
Top Bottom