having a heavy barrel turned down to sporter

Bryan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
I may be getting a new rifle to fill my HB target needs. I have a Remington 513-t with a HB and it shoots great. I was thinking of having the barrel turned down to a sporter contour. Has anyone3 done this?

I don't recommend this. You have a classic Target rifle that shoots very well. Turning the barrel can induce stresses into the steel, they can be relieved by cryo treating, but you will spend a fair amount of money to make a very accurate rifle into a lighter and probably less accurate rifle.

I may be getting a new rifle to fill my HB target needs. I have a Remington 513-t with a HB and it shoots great. I was thinking of having the barrel turned down to a sporter contour. Has anyone3 done this?

It is possible to do this, but it can get pricey. In most cases it is better to just re-barrel and only a little more expensive.

That is kind of what I expected. I will keep an eye out for a 513s barrel or maybe just sell this rifle and buy a sporter. I just hate to let an accurate .22 go. But I just don't have the money to keep as many guns as I once did.

Back
Top Bottom