• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hawk ID?

It seems the hawk was fed enough to grow and gain strength to go out on his own. He has stopped coming around which I hope is a good sign he is out on his own looking for a mate. Very cool while it lasted. Closest he flew to me was about 3 feet to snatch a piece of liver.

My cousin in Florida has hawk's, owls, and falcons. Pretty darn cool holding one.
IMG_20220430_182350.jpg
PART_1549072548170.jpg
FB_IMG_1553794327155.jpg

A red shouldered hawk has showed up in our backyard again. Not sure if it's the same hawk as the previous was darker in color than this one. This one was also after grubs in the lawn but readily took chicken liver off the fence post. Beautiful hawk.

We continue to have our friend the Red Shouldered Hawk show up to visit us. Yesterday after work I pulled my truck up and he was sitting there in front of me on the feeding station I built for him. I picked out some chicken liver and a boneless thigh to put out. He let me get about 10 feet from him and flew up on a nearby branch to watch. I stabbed the chicken with the fork and went to place it on the stand but he snatched right off the fork before I could. I guess he was hungry. We are honored and thankful to have him and enjoy our close interaction with him as he allows it.

We continue to have our friend the Red Shouldered Hawk show up to visit us. Yesterday after work I pulled my truck up and he was sitting there in front of me on the feeding station I built for him. I picked out some chicken liver and a boneless thigh to put out. He let me get about 10 feet from him and flew up on a nearby branch to watch. I stabbed the chicken with the fork and went to place it on the stand but he snatched right off the fork before I could. I guess he was hungry. We are honored and thankful to have him and enjoy our close interaction with him as he allows it.
You have to film this, I would love to see him doing this!!!

Back
Top Bottom