HD pistol on a night stand?

Keep one on the night stand always defense ammo no light you got to get pass the dogs first and god forbid you got a gun that end's up me pulling them off cause they got you

This got me thinking, If your in the dark in a house and you suddenly have a bright ass light in your eyes, is your first thought that they have a weapon mounted light? Or they have a handheld? Are you really broadcasting where your weapon is?

Yes you are, but even more importantly, you are telling the intruder exactly where YOU are. If they start shooting at the light, I'd much rather have the light a couple of feet to my left instead of lined up perfectly with my head.

Yes you are, but even more importantly, you are telling the intruder exactly where YOU are. If they start shooting at the light, I'd much rather have the light a couple of feet to my left instead of lined up perfectly with my head.

True. Next question..... Don't you want to see what you are shooting?

I have 3 HD weapons next to the bed. A HK USP 45 tactical on the nightstand, with a loaded spare mag in the night stand. 12" 12GA SBS leaning against the nightstand with a 10 shell mag with extra shells in the nightstand. FNC machinegun leaning against the nightstand with two linked and loaded mags with a case of 556 next to the night stand.

The pistol is for quick access if someone kicked in the bedroom door. The shotgun is for a "Heard a noise" clear the house situation. The machinegun is for a standoff/firefight situation.

Holy crap man. I hope no one ever breaks in your house!

True. Next question..... Don't you want to see what you are shooting?

With the intruder being in YOUR home, you know the layout and he does not. If its in the middle of the night and pitch black, the light on your weapon gives you up immediately. I rely on my ears to listen for his location and whether or not to flip on a light switch to gain visibility or proceed with a maglite. I know in my house, if I flip on the hallway lights after knowing thats his location, that split second that hes confused not knowing which end of the house Im at is a split second more than giving away your position with a rail mounted light. Where there is a moving light, there is a target.

With the intruder being in YOUR home, you know the layout and he does not. If its in the middle of the night and pitch black, the light on your weapon gives you up immediately. I rely on my ears to listen for his location and whether or not to flip on a light switch to gain visibility or proceed with a maglite. I know in my house, if I flip on the hallway lights after knowing thats his location, that split second that hes confused not knowing which end of the house Im at is a split second more than giving away your position with a rail mounted light. Where there is a moving light, there is a target.

I understand all that. My question was, don't you want to see what your shooting at ? My streamlight has an on/off switch just as your hallway light does. That being said, I'm not gonna go stomping through my home with my light on. Once you know where said intruder is, I myself would then blast him with the strobe and fire him up.

Back
Top Bottom