• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heat Pump Fan Not Working

It's hard to diagnose ant HVAC problem without hands on. From your description I would check blower capacitor and blower motor. Leaning more towards motor because of he burning smell. Capacitor is way cheaper and easier and should be replaced when changing motor. That being said I would change capacitor and allow motor to cool completely before trying to run again.

It's hard to diagnose ant HVAC problem without hands on. From your description I would check blower capacitor and blower motor. Leaning more towards motor because of he burning smell. Capacitor is way cheaper and easier and should be replaced when changing motor. That being said I would change capacitor and allow motor to cool completely before trying to run again.

I am calling professionals on this one. It will be cold by the end of the week. Shoot me your office number.

I had a problem where the heat pump was working, and I could hear the motor trying, but not spinning. Was the capacitor.
You can start the fan spinning by hand and it will keep going. Not sure how safe that is. (Make sure you spin it the right way:-)

Ya if you’re smelling something burning, Id bet with acman that your motor bushings are shot or the capacitor blew and the motor is overheating from not spinning. Relatively cheap fix either way.

We had a similar issue (without the burning smell) when it was 6 outside this week. Luckily mine worked good enough to keep it 63 in the House. Ended up being the disconnect. $88 and we are back in business. Hope yours is cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom