• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help choosing a kayak. What to look for??

Glockspeed31

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
I have been looking at different kayaks and I am wondering what are some features that I need to look for? I have seen kayaks from $200 to $1,500 and realize that you get what you pay for. I will be using it mainly on small lakes that are non-motorized and possibly a gentle river or two. Might do some fishing from it as well. Seems like a 10'
or longer would be preferred, but I'm guessing at that.

One big thing, I don't want to spend a ton of money on one (under $400 or so), as I'm not sure how much it will be used.

Thanks

under $400 it really doesn't matter. look at the perception at academy it is well outfitted and in the price range you want

For what youre looking to use it for find one you like under 3 and buy a werner paddle with the money you saved. You will thank me when youre in the drink.

I still check the kmart closest to me occasionally for sport good oddities and saw they had some good deals on some pelicans! This was a few months back

there is also a place in henry county that you can by them very cheap, you just cant be picky and have to get what they have before everyone and their brother gets them. You may ask around i don't know the name of the place exactly i know a few people that have gotten several yaks for under $100 there. Some overstock type wharehouse

there is also a place in henry county that you can by them very cheap, you just cant be picky and have to get what they have before everyone and their brother gets them. You may ask around i don't know the name of the place exactly i know a few people that have gotten several yaks for under $100 there. Some overstock type wharehouse
Yeah, I've seen that place on FB, just haven't had the time to check them out.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom