Help ... I have an marlin 2066 aka 49dl light striking

jabodgreat

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
It light strikes the bullet and the bolt sometime sticks open halfway thru the cycle even if rifle is charged manually I don't know if the bolt problem is a real issue because it only shot once and loaded the next round correctly

I need to know what parts do you recommend I buy and replace , please keep in mind this is my first real repair
I think I should replace the firing pin and all the springs ?? I would welcome anyone's help

That would be where I started, a detailed tear down and thorough scrubbing and lubing, it's a 22 it's been shot often and put up .....probably just needs a deep clean

Yes, if it's gummed up and not letting all the force from the hammer falling go into the firing pin, the resistance could keep it from hitting as hard as it should. Gummed up stuff around the chamber might be keeping the round from fully chambering meaning the bolt won't close all the way, meaning when the hammer falls instead of putting all the force into the firing pin some of it is now used to try and push the bolt all the way closed.

Back
Top Bottom