• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help ID a Case XX knife

parolebear

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
216   0
Reaction score
The background, about 1981 my wife bought me a Case XX Buffalo knife in the wooden presentation box. A friend of a friend (you know how that goes) told her it would go up in value (I think she paid $35) (I made $4.10 per hour as a cop) as it was rare. I put it in the box with all my other knives that I never use (have two that I use and carry) and it has been there ever since. I found it today and have attempted to do some research (at work and the filters block weapons) so I am limited.

It is a Case XX Buffalo with 10 dots and the regular S in the Case rather than the "lighting S". Best I can find with limited resources is it was made in 1980 and was a error stamp as the 1980 knives are to the different S. Now, one place (Ebay) a seller claimed that they only made 600 prior to fixing the stamp error. I attempted to look it up in other places to verify but was blocked. This one has the paper and has only been opened a couple of times since 1981 with the wooden box lost the white cardboard sleeve somewhere over 35 years.

Any information, rumor, value opinion would be welcome. Really have no plans to sell but like to make a list of valuable things I have so my wife and daughter can sell them cheap when I die.

Attachments

• buffalo 001.JPG
    buffalo 001.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 48
You sir may very well have a gem. Ones with the "Lighting" S are worth around $275, so there's no telling what it's worth. I would take the time to look up an expert because it could be worth a bunch especially to a collector. It may be someone's "unicorn". Keep me posted because I'm now intrigued. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom