Help me identify this revolver cylinder, Ruger single six maybe???....

Barton72

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
11   0
Reaction score
I was given a boat load of ammo from the family of someone who passed away a while back. This cylinder was in the box with it. I'm pretty sure it's for a newer model Ruger Single Six and is 22lr, but I'm not positive. I would like to sell it here, but want to know exactly what it goes with first.

Those in the know, fill me in.....

i57.photobucket.com_albums_g212_Barton72_IMG_20130504_122152_083.jpg

i57.photobucket.com_albums_g212_Barton72_IMG_20130504_122214_864.jpg

i57.photobucket.com_albums_g212_Barton72_IMG_20130504_122226_530.jpg

I think you're spot on in your thinking it's for a single six 22LR.
The magnum cylinder would have "22 Magnum" roll marked on it and I believe would be unfluted.
Ruger also scribed numbers like your's on their cylinders matching the frame it was fitted to.

I think you're spot on in your thinking it's for a single six 22LR.
The magnum cylinder would have "22 Magnum" roll marked on it and I believe would be unfluted.
Ruger also scribed numbers like your's on their cylinders matching the frame it was fitted to.

Thanks. Good deal. I've put this one in another Ruger and it did fit pretty well. Didn't want to fire it though. I'm sure you could have it timed or would that be necessary? Wondering if anyone would even be interested in purchasing it. How specific are the tolerances on the frame it was fitted to vs. another one?

You might could get away firing it without a proper fitting being a quality Ruger cylinder and just 22LR but I wouldn't recommend it.
I'm pretty sure Ruger offers this service but you have to send them your frame along with the cylinder. Not sure how much of a demand that 22LR cylinder would bring as opposed to a 22MAG, but you never know someone may be looking for a replacement. Good luck!

Ruger or a revolver smith can time it. I would search for the gun too. Perhaps a family member was given the gun and could use this.

You might could get away firing it without a proper fitting being a quality Ruger cylinder and just 22LR but I wouldn't recommend it.
I'm pretty sure Ruger offers this service but you have to send them your frame along with the cylinder. Not sure how much of a demand that 22LR cylinder would bring as opposed to a 22MAG, but you never know someone may be looking for a replacement. Good luck!

Thank you.

Ruger or a revolver smith can time it. I would search for the gun too. Perhaps a family member was given the gun and could use this.
Might give that a shot, but I don't think there was anyone else to give to. I'll look into it.

Back
Top Bottom