• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help needed

AR15tocrat

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
29   0
Reaction score
What I have:

Remington 700 SPS tactical in .308
Vortex Viper HST 6-24X50
Badger Ordnance 20 MOA Pic. rail
Vortex PMR-30-97 rings
Vortex 30mm Bubble Level
Vortex Defender Flip Caps (eyepiece and 50mm objective)
Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob

What I need to know:

I want to have the scope rail bedded and a proper installation of the scope and all of its accessories.
I also want to have the bolt handle threaded and a proper installation of the bolt knob.

Do any of you have any recommendations for a reputable gunsmith for the job?

and...

What could I expect to pay for these services?

TIA

I've never had all those things done, but maybe $20 and up per item, depending on how much machine time. Call Myron @ Aces&Eights, 6785575763, he is in your area. Does top notch work.

Do it your self and you will have the tools and know how for next time.

The mount can be bedded at home easily. Midway USA sells the bedding compounds, scope ring alignment and lapping tools, and the wheeler "fat wrench" for getting the proper torque specs on everything. You can also get the scope leveling tools/kit at Midway or stores like Cabela's if you need.

Sure it will be a few hundred dollars in materials and tools up front, but could be used over and over.

Do it your self and you will have the tools and know how for next time.

The mount can be bedded at home easily. Midway USA sells the bedding compounds, scope ring alignment and lapping tools, and the wheeler "fat wrench" for getting the proper torque specs on everything. You can also get the scope leveling tools/kit at Midway or stores like Cabela's if you need.

Sure it will be a few hundred dollars in materials and tools up front, but could be used over and over.

It's definitely a thought that has crossed my mind before, being a tool guy I usually fork out the money and equip myself with the proper equipment for any job. But... I'm eyeballing a few toys right now and those couple of hundred bucks could certainly be handy elsewhere. We shall see though. :)

Back
Top Bottom