• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help on Value

WarAJEagle

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
My girlfriend's father recently inherited a 1969 Colt Python, I believe it is a 2 1/2 barrel? I am not into wheel guns, and am trying to help come up with a value for it. He does not have the box or docs, was owned by his great grandfather at some point.
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_04_0febb1e23f6e640eeaf96662254963e8.jpg
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_04_df7c6cfa8962878661501cba6f690f00.jpg

Anyone have any insight? It's in good condition, has not been shot in a while though.

Last edited:
Condition is everything and his seems to be a shooter grade. Check out the Colt forums, there is a wealth of knowledge there. I'm sure someone on here can give you a ball park. Whatever he does, tell him NOT to refinish it if it has its original finish!

Condition is everything and his seems to be a shooter grade. Check out the Colt forums, there is a wealth of knowledge there. I'm sure someone on here can give you a ball park. Whatever he does, tell him NOT to refinish it if it has its original finish!

It has original finish, and it probably a 8/10 if I had to rate it. We think it's been fired a total of 2 rounds. Only two of the cylinders have any residue around them. The others are spotless.

The first thing that you have to determine, is if it has factory a factory nickle finish.
I remember that the front and rear sights were black.( But it has been decades since I owned one.) Also the colt emblem looks a little suspect but that could be the angle of the photo.
Flitz may take out the majority of those blemishes in the nickle. That will add value, even if it is an aftermarket nickle finish.

It has original finish, and it probably a 8/10 if I had to rate it. We think it's been fired a total of 2 rounds. Only two of the cylinders have any residue around them. The others are spotless.

I'm no expert but I would say in the world of Colt collectors this is not a 8/10 example. I do know these things in mint shape command prices close to and exceeding $3k, some perfect models close to $10k. If i were to guess I'd say anywhere from $1500-$2000.

Last edited:
The first thing that you have to determine, is if it has factory a factory nickle finish.
I remember that the front and rear sights were black.( But it has been decades since I owned one.) Also the colt emblem looks a little suspect but that could be the angle of the photo.
Flitz may take out the majority of those blemishes in the nickle. That will add value, even if it is an aftermarket nickle finish.

It does have the original sights, I believe he is putting it on gunbroker. I'll post the link when I get in. He took better pictures than I did.

Back
Top Bottom