• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help with gun value.

GaTxline

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
9   0
Reaction score
Hey now, I have an opportunity to trade for an Armi San Marco 1892 in nickel finish. It has an octagon barrel, case hardened lever. An absolute beautiful gun. I’m having a hard time finding that gun or it’s value, does anyone here have any experience with these guns? Thank you for your time.

Thank you, I have not heard of Armi San Marco before, and I saw that they no longer produce guns. It’s been hard to find any information on them and their value as well. It’s a sharp looking gun, but I don’t want to be blinded by the bling.

Thank you, I have not heard of Armi San Marco before, and I saw that they no longer produce guns. It’s been hard to find any information on them and their value as well. It’s a sharp looking gun, but I don’t want to be blinded by the bling.
They are beautiful. Think of it as a investment:becky:

Digging just a tad bit deeper and a minor bit of research you're going to have a lot of issues with parts if they need to be replaced and they had a few years of really sketchy quality control. You can get a good one or you can get one that is just like gingerbread. Beautiful on the outside and kind of crumbly on the inside

Sort of depends on what you're trading ie how much will you have in it.
If/when you decide to get rid of it a lesser known now defunct brand
probably has a lot smaller fan base than better known more desirable
manufacturers.
I'd wait a week or two, see if urge to own it fades into oblivion or
present owner sweetens the deal which then raises the question
"why's he so anxious to get rid of it? " :shocked:

Armi San Marco was never considered a quality firearm in the cowboy action shooting world way back when I shot. Steel hardness was a factor, parts were usually on the soft side. Revolvers frequently had timing issues, rifles jammed a bit. Personally if I were going to shoot it I would pass. If it was just gorgeous and the price was right I might consider it for display. Thats my $.02 worth YMMV

Ok, long story, well, long! In 2005 I traded a VERY used Marlin 336 straight up for a Winchester 94 in similar condition. The Marlin was from a deal I made with a former “family” member, so there was no reason to hang on to it. So the money side just wasn’t a concern. Frankly, I wanted it gone. I took the 94 completely apart to clean it up and went a little crazy with the steel wool. I was telling a friend about it and he knew a guy that refinished guns. After a few weeks, and $200, I had a “redone” lever action. It was nice, but not original, and not worth more than what I had in it, almost $300. It shoots, it is clean and very unique. After I had it finished, I showed it to the guy that I traded with, and he wanted it back. He offered me what I had in it, but I wasn’t ready. Fast forward to last week. I still work with the guy, and he did some trading over the weekend and brought home the 1892 in 45 colt. So after reading all of this, and knowing how little money I have into the 94, I made the trade straight up this afternoon, with the same guy I traded it for in 2005. I don’t know who came out ahead, but the 92 is a beautiful gun, and looks like it is a ton of fun to shoot. If it holds up, and I don’t need parts, I will be happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom