Henry lever action 22 feeding issue

slacker1972

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
60   0
Reaction score
I just got a new octagon barrel Henry 22 lever action, I was so excited until I got to shoot it...
The rifle isn't feeding correctly, the bullet nose goes up above the barrel every round and gets wedged in place.
I have to use a knife or something to get the round loose and out of the gun.
This happens every time I try to chamber a round and the speed of the lever motion doesn't make any difference.
I don't see anything obvious causing the issue but this is my first lever gun so maybe I am missing something?
I may just send it back to Henry but i figured it was worth asking you guys for input before I send it back.

The only ammo mine ever had a hiccup with is 20gr colibris. The noise is much more pointy than a normal round. I have to be smooth and deliberate with the lever. Never had a problem with other ammo.

Update:
I had to leave a message with their answering service when I initially called them and they returned my call within 30 minutes. The customer service rep I spoke to was great, she said it may take up to 30 days to get my rifle repaired and returned.
They sent me a label to send it back via UPS last Thursday 2/26, I got home Wednesday 3/4 and it was at the house.
They said they adjusted the action, replaced the carrier and test fired it.
I took it out tonight and it works flawlessly now. I ran 4 full tubes through it.
I am very happy with Henry's customer service and will remain a loyal customer.

Back
Top Bottom