• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Hi from Calhoun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hcorps

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
7   0
Reaction score
Just purchased a Glock 27 and ordered some 15 round mags and sleeves to go with it. Just one question what are the advantages of having a Concealed Carry Permit. I had one in SC while at Paris Island and it expired. I dont go out at night or into any rough neighborhoods (which are kinda hard to find in such a small town) I dont know if I had a permit if I would carry a gun with me unless there are advantages to having a permit ie gun purchases ect. Thanks in advance for any info.

Welcome, a carry permit does make it easier to make a handgun purchase in my experience and most all states that offer carry permits recognize permits from other states. I never go on a trip and stay in a motel/hotel without carrying a gun. Calhoun is a lovely small town, I have a good friend who along with his family own and operate Paradise Dragstrip for over fifty years ago when Mr. Otto Timms built the track in what was his cotton field but Mr. Timms passed away last year which was the fifty anniversary of the track. As peaceful as Calhoun is any town with an interstate running through it is prime for passer throughs to stop and carry off a robbery and back on the interstate so it never hurts to be careful.

Garrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom