• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

high fructose corn syrup

Omega

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
Does anyone else understand what corn has done to our country? This has recently become something I've started paying attention to. What opened my eyes to this artificial sweetener and health risks was Mexican soda. I can't even drink an americian soft drink since I've had that real sugar again. To me drinking it's as different as drinking a diet drink. Orange crush was my first. And it was incredible

I hate to say it... but I look for drinks that are made in mexico and not us... I feel ashamed but they are that much better. I know half of you could care less about this topic or your health.... so feel free to tree hugger bash...
But I'm just wondering if I'm missing out on something elsethat isn't artificially sweetened. All knowledge is welcomed

ya, kinda crazy that in the birthplace of cocacola i hve to buy the mexican ones that taste better lol

i stay away from soda in general no0w anyway if i can help it

Watch the documentary titled "King Corn." The industry is so subsidized by the government that you're paid to grow corn even when it doesn't make sense too. People always state they don't eat a lot of corn but unfortunately, High Fructose Corn Syrup is in almost everything. This has created excess carbon in our bodies that isn't natural.Research has linked corn to a plethora of health issues tied to the over consumption of corn. The health problems being linked to HFCS is staggering.

If you're truly concerned about your health, you should give up drinking toxic sodas / soft drinks. I did a little over 2 years ago and I'm glad I did. Besides the health benefits, it saves me a hell of a lot of money.

Yes the sugar cane is sooo much better. When I was down in Haiti I had the pleasure of being able to eat raw sugar cane. It was amazing! Haha. So I'm not a tree hugger by any means, but I try to stay away from sugary soda all together. I found that I was addicted to the carbonation, not the taste. Went and bought a Sodastream and make my own carbonated water now. Just squeeze some fresh lemon in it and it's glorious. You'll be much better off that way IMO.

ya, kinda crazy that in the birthplace of cocacola i hve to buy the mexican ones that taste better lol

i stay away from soda in general no0w anyway if i can help it
Yea I generally do as well. But when I just really want one... dissatisfaction overwhelms me when I can only find stores with plastic bottles lol

I've been on a kick with 'simply' juice lately. The 'Simply apple' is my favorite

The thing I think is most funny is we Invented Corn...it's not an all natural crop. Why do you think you aren't able to fully dlgest it! ; )

Last edited:
If you're truly concerned about your health, you should give up drinking toxic sodas / soft drinks. I did a little over 2 years ago and I'm glad I did. Besides the health benefits, it saves me a hell of a lot of money.
I might drink 2 soft drinks a month. But sometimes thats just what i want. Just like smoking a cigarette... I'll never stop... but now that I vape I might smoke 5 a month socially.
Agreed, soft drinks are terrible for you.. and I don't drink energy drinks... ever

I might drink 2 soft drinks a month. But sometimes thats just what i want. Just like smoking a cigarette... I'll never stop... but now that I vape I might smoke 5 a month socially.
Agreed, soft drinks are terrible for you.. and I don't drink energy drinks... ever

I'm telling you man. Go buy yourself a Sodastream and put a little bit of fresh fruit juice in it. Way better!

Back
Top Bottom