• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HIPAA Compliant Office Security Recommendations

wnchstrtnfldvlle

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
70   0
Reaction score
I'm looking for some recommendations from those in the know. I am trying to consolidate our office computer systems into one security solution that will keep us on the right side of HIPAA compliance.

When doing the required yearly security risk assessment, they seem to be looking for the ability to keep everything locked down, but also the capability to track intrusion attempts and things like that. I have been looking at the Microsoft offerings, but can't tell if it would be overkill or just a big headache. Their sales department recommended the Office 365 E3, but it will cost me about 3300 bucks for ten users, and as far as I can tell won't come with setup help.

Currently I use their business standard plan, along with McAfee security, Box online for cloud storage, and NeoCertified for secure email. Our EHR system is cloud-based, I do not use a local server.

I would need:
-Secure email/messaging
-network security monitoring with printable reports
-User access controls
-HIPAA compliant cloud storage

I do have a local security solutions company that I am contacting, but they will want me to subscribe to their services and it's about 1000-1500 a month. Which is a little more than I can commit to. Hopefully someone knows of a consolidated option that's more of a do it yourself. Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom