HK USP45-F - Enhancements - Photos included

CherryCola

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
16   0
Reaction score
I'm thinking of spending some money on my USP45-F and have a few questions. It is a 1998 version and the barrel is polished.. I am planning on replacing the barrel with a USP45-Tactical barrel for HKParts.net. The night sights on it are shot so I want to replace them as well.

So here comes my question... I want to refinish the slide.. I want to keep the weapon as original as possible. I've read that some of the markings disappear after a refinish. Could I take it to HK for them to refinish it properly?

Also, are there any other parts I should replace while I am at it? Like the updated firing pin? I basically want the weapon to be in top shape and as close to a USP45-Tact when I'm done.

Here is what she currently looks like because I know you guys have a hard on for photos.

photo(2).jpg

I just ordered the oversized mag release for mine. Will let you know what i think. If you search hk there is a guy doing a giveaway for adjustable night sights for the usp.

There's a guy in Arizona that is certified at Hk refinishing, but can't remember who, it may be ARS. Have heard the finish isn't as durable, but have also found that neither is Hk's. I've got a 2012 and find the finish just a little more durable than Glocks and about along the same lines as sigs. I would leave it alone, or cerakote, but cerakote is what I do so I'm partial.

Back
Top Bottom