• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

HK416C destroying gas rings after a single shot... what's my best option to get a reliability change?

JJ0341

Marines Icon Supporter
IT’S NOT WATERBOARDING IF YOU USE GASOLINE
70   0
Reaction score
current barrel is the 9" (probably discontinued for this reason). normally never go below 10.3 but the trade was too good to pass up for a full upper. Have the longer piston but not sure if a 10.3 barrel uses that and longer op rod or not. Ideally I'd like to keep current barrel since still in the 2600fps range with m193. Have adjustable gas block getting imported in next 2 months as well. Think I need a new barrel and op rod to prevent this and be more reliable or wait for the AGB to come in and hope it doesn't do same thing? HK nuts I'm open to any suggestions. Trying to save the money where I can and not buy a bunch of expensive stuff that won't work.

ya know I probably should have done that before I took it all apart and pulled the old rings off... Anything specific you'd be looking for diagnosis wise? Basically the gas rings get smashed against the gas block when the piston moves back and the op rod is locked back so bolt cant go home all the way.

Back
Top Bottom