• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home building on land thread 2021 - progress pics inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
They "fee" the hell out of you (depending where you are) for concrete these days, especially in new construction. Asphalt millings are the way to go.
I started out buying 57 stone, yeah, then I found crushed concrete. Way cheaper and makes a sturdy base. Looks like ass but works

They "fee" the hell out of you (depending where you are) for concrete these days, especially in new construction. Asphalt millings are the way to go.
Back when I built in 2001 they had just started repaving Chatsworth hwy from Ellijay
up to Fort Mountain..As they starting cutting down or Milling the asphalt for a new coat, I approached the forman in charge and made him an offer..I said I had just started to build and would pay him well for the millings..I suggested it would be much cheaper to unload on my drive way...Using the excuse that it would save him time, fuel cost, labor, and get some of it done much quicker..I also told him I would guaranty payment of 20 loads...I also said I will pay from the very first one and all to follow with cash..He said they had to drop it at the processor and account for every load..I tried..

We aren’t doing the home building video series but I wanted to do a thread with progress / pictures / pricing for anyone that may be interested in buying a tract of land and what ALL it will take to build a house!

We are closing on the one time construction loan on 12/17/2020 and I will start updating the forum

prices are for reference if you are interested in doing something like this!

please consider using me for real estate if you need anything, appreciate the forum, and want to use me for resources in the industry.

update 1: purchased 6.1 acres in Bartow county for $68,000
View attachment 2970093

Update 2:staked out the area for the house, scoped out what we want for footage on yard, and decided where the best place for the driveway is
View attachment 2970095

Update 3: starting to clear the trees by hand with a stihl chainsaw 362 C,... took about 4 months, and i saved approximately $15,000-$20,000 in load off cost and labor cost by cutting the trees knee high and loading them out myself .
Total cost to clear 1.5~acre lot and 200 feet driveway was around $3500 and include things like chipper rental, chainsaw, fuel to land fill, chainsaw chains / fuel/ sharpening, chainsaw chaps, trip to urgent care for stitches (lol) ,2 small half day excavating jobs, etc.
View attachment 2970097
View attachment 2970102
View attachment 2970137 View attachment 2970138 View attachment 2970139

That is so awesome! Definitely a lot of hard work and dedication. You saved a fortune brother by doing a lot of the work yourself

If you’re going to gravel your driveway, call around your local concrete companies. I had a few tandems delivered today. This is recycled concrete and less than half the price of crush and run. I tried a couple loads of the “free stuff”, it was more than a hassle than it was worth.......tons of boulders, see beside the power pole. We will see how it holds up, but so far I’m impressed.

BB91004E-51A6-4A2B-918B-1E396C3976AD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom