• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Metro Atlanta  Home flooring and painting project for bids..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shovelhead

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Cumming Area

I'm about to start looking for hardwood floors .. real wood. With tile installed in two bathroom. The house is ~ 1800 sq feet.

The two bathrooms have linoleum now and I want to have tile installed. Pretty straight forward. The rest of the house is currently wall to wall carpet. What should I look for in quality,type of wood, and cost? I am sure I should avoid the big name flooring folks. I would like to support a local self employed installer.

Here is a kicker my wife and myself are handicapped. We have a "stair master" and dual adjustable hospital beds. So removal of the existing carpet, along with moving furniture around during the install is a must.

Any input, reviews, recommendation greatly appreciated.

The next project will be interior painting, fixing crack, spackling etc... But that will be another post...

I can put you in touch with my contact at flooring supplier in Marietta. They have a huge selection of all types of flooring, and their prices are very competitive. They don't sell to the public, so you'll need me to refer you in order to do business with them.

I can also put you in touch with my flooring installers. They will do both demo and install, so you don't have to do anything. They are very good at what they do, and our customers have always been very pleased with their work. They are bonded and carry all insurance.

I can save you some money by acting as a referral instead of a subcontractor.
PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom