Home made Deer Lure

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
Have been toying around for 10 yrs about making Deer lure..Read a ton of info and found out about what maybe a good mixture..First and foremost was to find Tonquin. Comes from a Siberian Deer which is now outlawed for harvest. I order what I believe is the last 4 oz. 10 yrs ago when it was still legal. The mixture was 4oz of 90 proof vodka, 4oz of Glycerin, 8 drops of Tonquin and one set of Deer testes Paste..Tons of old time trappers swear on the original Tonquin, not as much on the artificial...Well I did this year make a big batch of the lure..At the camp I asked all to keep the man parts for the test..It is in the 5 month now and will be ready for deer season..Also found out Tonquin is also used for High end perfumes.. Go figure..Time will tell..DD

I used to make cover scent by grinding juniper berries and fronds with glycerin in an old blender. Worked pretty well./

take 4 oz ammonia,2 pureed apples,and put in a gallon jug,finish the jug with your own urine.Leave about 2 inches at top to breathe.Cap loosely and let it sit 2 weeks in a cool place.Best damn buck lure you ever had,make false scrapes with it.I had 8 gallons last year and used it all.Saw 11 different bucks on my false scrapes.

Back
Top Bottom