• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range deer dispatch

It was a 6.5 PRC I just called and ask. I didn't call him I asked the guy that was with him. He's hard to get a hold of and doesn't really socialize a lot.
that's why he probably lives in the mtns and that's why my brother moved to a remote spot in Alabama , don't like to socialize and he don't like people in general.

that's why he probably lives in the mtns and that's why my brother moved to a remote spot in Alabama , don't like to socialize and he don't like people in general.
Outside of this forum I don't like to socialize either. Never have and never will. I can exit this scene when I need to so it works. I will have to say he is worse than I am and his brothers call him a straight up ass hole. He speaks his mind good or bad. However, I have known the guy since he was born and love the guy like a brother so I just let it roll off. You guys know nothing gets to me.

He has been a avid hunter since he was old enough to hold a gun. Pretty much whatever is in season he hunts for and he always bags his game. He usually uses 25-06 but this new 6.5 PRC has got him hooked. He's got a lot of money tied up in that setup that's for sure.

I go occasionally to visit a friend in deep s.w. Ga they have a shooting house 12x12 built.there first food plot and feeder is 600 they also have them at 800,1000 and 1200 I have personally witnessed 2 head shot does at 820 yards and a 8 point high shoulder at 1226 yd. It’s a Saturday game to these guys.i truly believe the story if they are set up.

The main thing is good optics trying to shoot 1000 yd with a 3x9 the deer looks like a rat in the scope.

The question is not can it be done, it’s why? A great display of shooting skill but not really any hunting skill/woodsmanship involved. If that’s the way someone wants to do it though, so be it. It’s not my place to tell someone how to enjoy their outdoor recreation, just wouldn’t be my cup of tea. I like to get close. Great job by the successful hunter!
Do you hunt exclusively with a bow?

Back
Top Bottom