• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honor Defense hg9sc

cooter

Default rank <1250 posts
Expert know-it-all.
40   0
Reaction score
0326161956.jpg
0327161611~2.jpg
0327161621~2.jpg
0327161620~2.jpg
So I finally bit the bullet and bought my honor defense 9mm. I'll try to give y'all my perspective on it so far.
THE GOOD;
1- it fits my hand awesome. Probably the most comfortable compact I've ever held.
2- extremely smooth shooting. Nothing harsh about it.
3- The main reason I purchased it is because it's made in my lifelong hometown...Gainesville, Ga.
4- For a compact gun, possibly the best trigger of any. I personally think this has a better, crisper trigger than any of the big name compacts.

THE BAD; (wish this was shorter than the good)
1- I am a fan of color filling my guns, not for everyone I know, but the markings are so shallow that they don't accept paint well. Really wish it would have deeper markings.
2- Needs a larger slide release(BADLY). I understand it's geared towards ccw, but I am 6'1 260 lbs, I can bench 350 lbs, I turn a wrench for a living and I've got the hand strength to prove it. BUT I cannot release the slide with 1 hand. I have to hold the slide back to release pressure and pull the slide release down with my other hand, then I can release the slide forward to load the first shell. I'm desperately hoping that this improves as the gun gets broken in.
3- Mags are horrible so far. I can only load 6 shells in my 8 round mag yet my 7 round mag will hold all 7.(comes with 1 of each) I'm leaving them full for now, hoping that they will break in and get better.
4- At this price point (499msrp) I would expect a better carry case. Instead of just a plain Jane cardboard box. Maybe it's because they're such a new company? This one really kind of confused me.
OVERALL;
I am still proud to own this pistol. This is definitely the first weapon I've ever owned with a 3 digit serial#. I look forward to them introducing their long slide full size version.
0326161956.jpg
0327161611~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom