Hope my fellow AK friends don't need ammo

I can't help but wonder, everytime time I see your Avatar if that's pic of you playing cowboy and indians with your " partner, aka. lover, aka. roommate ," I don't want to be.
" politically incorrect ". Ba ha ha hardy har har..

That paragraph was written like a politically correct democrat would word it. My republican mind has something a little more offensive to say but digress since it's just a joke anyway. Don't take offense RD12 just yanking your chain however, It's funny but a bit risque.
However you like to spend your time imagining me, feel free. I find it weird, but you do you. I'm not one to kink shame.

This will increase all ammo prices and increase demand so it hurts everyone.
Yep. Us ammo manufactures were getting tons of supplies from russia. It wasnt just complete bullets. I have been sayin for months that you need to stock up. The US military is having trouble getting their ammo. Obviously they are being very quite about it. There is a ****load of stuff still coming in but i promise the prices will be higher than what they are now. If you can afford it you should buy. This isnt because russia gassed the Syrians a year ago. They could give two ****s less. Backdoor attack on the 2A. And no they arent gonna lift the ban. They didnt with the chinese. We have had a few republican presidents that never lifted it while we still import chinese garbage. It was never about the reasons they gave you the banned importation. And i can bet you an AK that prior approvals will get snatched. Already heard of one from an importer. Could be hearsay BS but you never know

As ammo has finally started hitting shelves again (although at slightly higher than pre riot prices) I've been saying "Now is the time to buy." I've been greeyed with a chorus of, "No! Prices will get lower if we all juss stop buying!"

I stand on my position that if you were low on ammo over the past year, you should have been buying for the past three months, not waiting for lower prices.
Brother we have both been on that soap box in recent months and pretty sure it has fallen on deaf ears to many on here. All the ones bitching about ammo prices again are the ones that got caught once again with there pants down. Not me. I buy ammo to resell now, Im good!! How about you?

Brother we have both been on that soap box in recent months and pretty sure it has fallen on deaf ears to many on here. All the ones bitching about ammo prices again are the ones that got caught once again with there pants down. Not me. I buy ammo to resell now, Im good!! How about you?
I'm good to go on components for competing and practice for about two years. If things ever return to "normal" I'm buying a half million small pistol primers.

I am good to go on ammo but it's not just ammo. It everyone thinks their gun is the last one in the world as well. Up here I see every make, model and variation in big numbers on the racks. In think it's just the classifieds as a whole is outrageous. I offered a guy 20 bucks under what I could buy it at Buds Gun Shop for. He had his priced at almost 20 over new. The answer to my bid was " I'll pass ". I am glad I did not step up because I found one new 50 under what I offered him. The mentality of our members in the classified section is just not in tune with the current market. Guns prices are coming down if you shop around because there is no ammo to shoot when you buy one. Especially anything in 9mm. Sellers need to do the due diligence before posting. Now I do believe you can price it at any number you want to but to me it's just eating up space for the realist.

So I think everyone bitching are mostly just exhausted by the prices of everything. Ammo and guns on here and ammo in the commercial market. I started putting back some here and some there after the first quagmire hit. I also cut back on shooting greatly. I have enough ammo and reloading supplies to hold me for quite some time. Like you said some just didn't pay head to what can and did happen and right now we are right back there. Now with the potential of AK rounds being stressed it's only gonna get worse from here. So to everyone I say buy what you can afford now cause you might not get another chance for a while no matter what the cost. Just don't bitch about it. Suck it in and pay up.

I am good to go on ammo but it's not just ammo. It everyone thinks their gun is the last one in the world as well. Up here I see every make, model and variation in big numbers on the racks. In think it's just the classifieds as a whole is outrageous. I offered a guy 20 bucks under what I could buy it at Buds Gun Shop for. He had his priced at almost 20 over new. The answer to my bid was " I'll pass ". I am glad I did not step up because I found one new 50 under what I offered him. The mentality of our members in the classified section is just not in tune with the current market. Guns prices are coming down if you shop around because there is no ammo to shoot when you buy one. Especially anything in 9mm. Sellers need to do the due diligence before posting. Now I do believe you can price it at any number you want to but to me it's just eating up space for the realist.

So I think everyone bitching are mostly just exhausted by the prices of everything. Ammo and guns on here and ammo in the commercial market. I started putting back some here and some there after the first quagmire hit. I also cut back on shooting greatly. I have enough ammo and reloading supplies to hold me for quite some time. Like you said some just didn't pay head to what can and did happen and right now we are right back there. Now with the potential of AK rounds being stressed it's only gonna get worse from here. So to everyone I say buy what you can afford now cause you might not get another chance for a while no matter what the cost. Just don't bitch about it. Suck it in and pay up.
I'm sure it is happening with many guns but I saw someone post a pistol for $100 over brand new pricing that I can get at any retailer right now and then in their own post complaining about why no one is offering to buy from them. It's hilarious to me personally but it's also why I rarely actually try to buy here and only trade

I'm sure it is happening with many guns but I saw someone post a pistol for $100 over brand new pricing that I can get at any retailer right now and then in their own post complaining about why no one is offering to buy from them. It's hilarious to me personally but it's also why I rarely actually try to buy here and only trade
Every now and then I will take a peek and see if there is anything I need that's pried reasonably and I get lucky every now and then. But lately it has gotten redundant. Same old crap priced to high.

I run a range (with a lot of help from great volunteers). The Chief Range Officer asked about two months ago to be excused duty after more than two decades of service as caretaker of the range (he's 93). I haven't asked until recently for some help in maintaining the place so I've filled in for him. One of the many things he did twice weekly is burn paper waste and carry off plastics. Since I've been doing that for the 6 ranges on the property I've observed that about 90% of the ammunition packages I separate and destroy are TULAMMO or other imported steel cased cartridges. I was stunned to see this as I assumed most most folks shot brass. It could be that brass cased shooters are saving their packages, but that seems unlikely as there is always brass in the brass buckets. I say all this to reinforce what others have pointed out. It's not just AK ammo that is going to have renewed pressure on supply and pricing. We (Americans) consume a tremendous amount of Russian ammunition.

Back
Top Bottom