• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Housing market is the wild wild west. Any real-estate fellas on here?

The people that think they can predict the ups and downs of the market , are clueless, unless they are billionaires.

because if they CAN accurately predict the rise and fall of markets , they will be a billionaire in a couple of years.

NO one predicted the housing market would react to covid by going up to the moon.
eberyoke figured that covid and the global worldwide recession it caused would have just the opposite effect .
I got a friend that flips houses as a part
Time side gig.

he has two they he bought about a 8 months ago just before the market took off .
So he’s sitting pretty now. he usually makes about $100k profit on each flip , that takes him about a year to complete.
I bet he will double that on these two .

The people that think they can predict the ups and downs of the market , are clueless, unless they are billionaires.

because if they CAN accurately predict the rise and fall of markets , they will be a billionaire in a couple of years.

NO one predicted the housing market would react to covid by going up to the moon.
eberyoke figured that covid and the global worldwide recession it caused would have just the opposite effect .
I got a friend that flips houses as a part
Time side gig.

he has two they he bought about a 8 months ago just before the market took off .
So he’s sitting pretty now. he usually makes about $100k profit on each flip , that takes him about a year to complete.
I bet he will double that on these two .

Anyone can predict a market moving up and down. Predicting the timing of it is what's near impossible to get right.

Good luck with your house search. It has been a buyers market here for a long time, but this year seems especially crazy. We have looked at some houses, but haven't put in any offers yet. We are thinking we may wait to see if things cool down a little bit. Heard some houses are bringing a way, WAY over asking price.

When we were looking in Duluth a few years ago, we had the same problem when making offers. "someone made a higher offer" or "someone made a cash offer".

I was wondering if we should write a letter like another person mentioned. When it comes time to buy, we may do that. We aren't looking for an investment property, we are looking for a place to live where our daughter will have some room to play.

My wife and I have been house hunting for around 4 months with the hopes of moving to the Roswell area. As I'm sure you all know, the market is bat sh** crazy right now. We've put in several offers and had a buyer come in and offer WAY above listing value/comps on most of them. We're doing everything our agent suggests to make our offers as competitive as possible, but keep striking out.

Curious to see if there are any real estate brokers on here and what sort of advice you could give us (aside from, "DON'T BUY RIGHT NOW! :D). We are first time home buyers.

Thank you!

Edit: All of our offers have been $5K-$10K above listing price, we pay all closing costs, reduced inspection period contingency (3-5 days), buying as-is, offering way higher than standard earnest money, offering 30-60 days free lease back to seller, etc. and still getting creamed.
I'm in the same boat...In a Apt for years waiting for the so called housing crash.....I'm not a Apt guy.Got my butt kicked in 2008 unemployed for ever an lost my home...Saved a lot of money since then...but 250,00.00 for a modest home? There is some change coming for everything to bad I don't know what it is.

Back
Top Bottom