How did i do on this impulse buy???

bldale08

Default rank <500 posts
Sasquatch believe I exist
42   0
Reaction score
I jumped on a cl post yesterday, I think I did ok ,meaning I can get my money and maybe a little extra or invest more and make a little more. It's a running and somewhat driving 88 f150 with a 5.0 and 5 speed.... valve covers leak bad,brakes are full of air,slave cylinder gone on clutch,and needs new tires,I drove it several miles yesterday, then parked and decided I'm gonna trailer it back home.....but what do you guys think? I saw the setup and thought it's gotta be somewhat rare,maybe?
Screenshot_2016-06-11-21-02-52.png

Not good. My dad bought the same setup off Gov Deals with new tires, battery, belts, and all county maintenance records for $1,500. His was white and was an old water department truck.

ETA: I think his was a couple years newer as well???

I think with a little wrench time and a few bucks you'll have a great truck, and I'm a bowtie guy
Could be. Tires will be the bug up front cost unless OP can find a descent set of used ones for cheap.

The other items will nickel and dime, and add up quick.

Unless he is going to keep it, I would just clean it up really nice and dump it as is.

My buddy is already offered to buy me out after we get it back today,I'm probably gonna take him up on it,I've done the money pit thing before myself,I really wanted to walk away from this one,it just pulled too good when I test drove,the 5.0 doesn't knock or tick,clutch doesn't slip and motor pulls hard

My buddy is already offered to buy me out after we get it back today,I'm probably gonna take him up on it,I've done the money pit thing before myself,I really wanted to walk away from this one,it just pulled too good when I test drove,the 5.0 doesn't knock or tick,clutch doesn't slip and motor pulls hard
They are "ok". I drove one for a couple months (5.0 and a 5-speed) 4x4. It pulled descent, but got THE worst gas mileage ever. I really do think it was 9 or 10 MPG.

Back
Top Bottom