• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How do I make a website?

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Trying to make a website to sell furniture that I build.

I just want to put up some pics and info, but what I really want is some kind of selection menu where customers can select options and their price changes. Any ideas to get this done?

Trying to make a website to sell furniture that I build.

I just want to put up some pics and info, but what I really want is some kind of selection menu where customers can select options and their price changes. Any ideas to get this done?

The easiest way to do it is to just use the free website template builders offered by website hosting companies. Or setup a Facebook page.

The next easiest way to do it is to find a hosting company that offers Wordpress as a free app, and most of the hosting companies do. Then just create the WP database in the hosting company control panel, and you can download free website themes from WP. There are a few security concerns with WP so you should change the standard login, which is Admin I believe, to something else. And there are also some security plugins you can download. You do not need to know HTML, PHP, etc., to use WP.

If you do know a little html, PHP, etc., you can purchase a website template from a site like www.templatemonster.com for $50 - $75. Or they have their Wix Website templates, which are similar to the free hosting website templates, but just a little nicer.

Squareup will change the price based on options. And it makes it easy if you sell in person. Hard to beat the price too. Bigcommerce also works well with options.

I have built a couple on GoDaddy. It's pretty user friendly, great customer service, and affordable to set up and maintain year to year. They have a ton of formats to choose from to suit your needs. I am not very computer savvy but I managed to pull it off easy enough.

Back
Top Bottom