• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How do we help our mississippi brothers?

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
While back on facebook I was having a chat with meridian pd on their Facebook photo. (They routinely post arrest reports and such) and after reading some comments, I started wondering if open carry was allowed based on what was said. Meridian pd responded and said oc is not allowed, not even showing the grip. While I don't open carry, I'm for the rights for those that do. Does anybody know if that law has been repealed or who needs to be contacted about having that removed? In the mean time I'll make doubly sure I'm not exposed when visiting my home town.

Alabama seems to be the same way. Last time I was in Gadsden, the pd told me they supported the 2nd but they didn't want to see it. I was actually told that I was legally allowed to OC but they would find a reason to arrest if it happened. The officer said it was to troubling for the community and they didn't wanna deal with it.

Alabama seems to be the same way. Last time I was in Gadsden, the pd told me they supported the 2nd but they didn't want to see it. I was actually told that I was legally allowed to OC but they would find a reason to arrest if it happened. The officer said it was to troubling for the community and they didn't wanna deal with it.

step 1: set recording devices and cameras around
step 2: let them arrest you, falsely
step 3: sue collect millions, and stop the PD from violating your rights.

Yeah Alabama is a lil screwy with their laws. Had a buddy that had his pistol seized over BS, can't remember the whole story but it was stupid as hell, may have been illegal at the time to vehicle carry loaded or something, just remember it took several months for him tl get back. Sad that places in the south have these laws on the books.

You don't support exposing crooked cops that want to deny you your rights? :wacko:

Not if it involves being incarcerated and having to deal with the crooked media. My luck, they'd find a loophole and I'd end up in prison.
I'll be happy to introduce you to the officer if you'd like to make an example of em.. They told me I needed to be armed and I could carry however I wanted in my place of business just not in the public. The guy was actually trying to educate me of their ways.

Personally, I'd rather CC and avoid it all together, and let an organization like GA packing or NRA deal that's full of money and lawyers fight that battle. Let the big boys handle stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom