How is the milsurp market these days?

Man! What a dream to shoot! Super light single action trigger. Double action was VERY smooth. I love this pistol!

Very nice cleanup job on it, looks way better now. I too use only brass brush, found brass wool and oil is even better.

To get the rest of that brass out of those cylinder areas just use a patch soaked with hoppes 9 and rub it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice cleanup job on it, looks way better now. I too use only brass brush, found brass wool and oil is even better.

To get the rest of that brass out of those cylinder areas just use a patch soaked with hoppes 9 and rub it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahhh never seen brass wool. I’ll have to keep an eye out for that! Yea I didn’t use a lot of hoppes since there wasn’t a lot of oil, grease, or carbon on there. But I’ll have to give it a once over to give it that black parked look again. Thanks for the tip!

Any tips on how to drift the front sight on a K98k? I have a Mitchell's (so I am not terrified of doing something that might accidentally damage some immense collectors value) that is shooting about 3 minutes of angle left - and try as a might, I cannot get that front sight post to budge. (Truthfully, I can't even get the front sight hood off, but admittedly I was at the range fiddling with it, so I was not exactly well equipped.)

Any tips on how to drift the front sight on a K98k? I have a Mitchell's (so I am not terrified of doing something that might accidentally damage some immense collectors value) that is shooting about 3 minutes of angle left - and try as a might, I cannot get that front sight post to budge. (Truthfully, I can't even get the front sight hood off, but admittedly I was at the range fiddling with it, so I was not exactly well equipped.)

I've used an sks sight pusher on them, yu just have to be careful and don't let it slip off

I use a pair of needle nose pliers to get the hood off - helps if you have two pairs. I use a jeweler's hammer to tap the base of the front sight post over. Might need to use a punch.

Back
Top Bottom