How is the milsurp market these days?

Took out my Dec 41 M1 today for a ride . I let my son shoot it - his first time ,he was blown away. He loves it .

48BC08D0-5A3B-40ED-8F1F-1C5402902FD2.jpeg

In store limit is 2 temporarily since their in store inventory is limited and they have a mail order backlog. Still 8 Garand per year total. They have had a rush of people panic buying 8.

How many M1s does the CMP sell per year anyway? alleycat alleycat MILSURP Collector MILSURP Collector 10thmountain 10thmountain

I wondered how long the rifles from Turkey (13,000) and Philippines (86,000) will last. Just curious...as it might be a while before anymore are allowed back in under the new admin. I read obama would never give the final sign off on letting more be imported for his eight years and sales got rather slow at the CMP. They didn't have much inventory because of that based on what I have read.

If the average guy is buying 1 or 2 each trip and some guys their yearly limit of 8 in one day, the sell able rifles would go pretty fast.

I hope they never run out. Half the fun is seeing what guys get. Maybe they can process 200 rifles a day? Say they sell/process 75 in store, 125 Mail order? Total rifles / 200 or so? Seems like a fair guess. I bet there is a daily quota they need to hit.

I hope they never run out. Half the fun is seeing what guys get. Maybe they can process 200 rifles a day? Say they sell/process 75 in store, 125 Mail order? Total rifles / 200 or so? Seems like a fair guess. I bet there is a daily quota they need to hit.

At 1000 per week, they'd be out in about two years if my math is right. If they came in during 2018, they'd be out later this year? With the sales rush now, maybe less time. :faint:

I bet they change the Mail order limits to 2-4 as the instore limit is 2 per customer. Then they can stretch it out. I would do that.

Not sure about that. They may want to get out of sales and concentrate on marksmanship.

Current administration in DC may realize these WEAPONS OF WAR are available to gang bangers and stop sales.

Also most youngsters are not into MILSURPS, except a few of our children.

Not sure about that. They may want to get out of sales and concentrate on marksmanship. Current administration in DC may realize these WEAPONS OF WAR are available to gang bangers and stop sales. Also most youngsters are not into MILSURPS, except a few of our children.

The M1 sales provide the funds for the ranges, so I don't know if they could continue to operate them for long without a replacement stream of revenue. Perhaps their range fees would have to go up a lot?

The M1 sales provide the funds for the ranges, so I don't know if they could continue to operate them for long without a replacement stream of revenue. Perhaps their range fees would have to go up a lot?

I believe you’re right about that. I also agree that reducing the max purchases to 4 per year may help the inventory last longer but that also reduces their cash revenue. Their range fees are pretty reasonable so I don’t think it would be bad to go up a little there.

They have about 35 or so very generous corporate sponsors but their donations aren’t enough to run the entire operation across the country. They do seem to have alot of inefficiencies in their operation (in my opinion) that could be addressed to decrease overhead.

I believe you’re right about that. I also agree that reducing the max purchases to 4 per year may help the inventory last longer but that also reduces their cash revenue. Their range fees are pretty reasonable so I don’t think it would be bad to go up a little there.

They have about 35 or so very generous corporate sponsors but their donations aren’t enough to run the entire operation across the country. They do seem to have alot of inefficiencies in their operation (in my opinion) that could be addressed to decrease overhead.

Too bad they didn't get the 80,000 Korean M1s in during the Trump term, since I doubt team biden will ever allow them in. They would have helped sustain them for several more years, once the Turkish & Philipino M1s are sold.

Regarding the 1911s....
"The NRA says the M1s are already being fixed up, and the first shipment of 1911s — which will be sold at a rate of 8-to-10,000 a year — have been delivered to the CMP, as well."

Back
Top Bottom