• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How is the milsurp market these days?

I shoot my PSL a good bit but I have a feeling I will be shooting it a lot more. I shoot 9mm the most and mainly it’s all Tula .
Maaaaaaan I wish I didn't sell my PSL. I felt like I overpaid at 800, but I made out like a bandit when I sold it. Should have replaced it with a VEPR, but guess that ship has sailed. That reminds me that I need to pick up some Childers receivers.

9mm is where it's at. Just more convenient.

Yep, been slow lately. Prob should head out to the range on Saturday.......

which range are yall headed to?
I am headed out to Athens. Going to try screwing with this PSAK47 nightmare rifle to see if I can get it shooting in the right zip code. Last time I tried to shoot it, it was so far off I couldn't tell where the rounds were landing. Yuck.

Maaaaaaan I wish I didn't sell my PSL. I felt like I overpaid at 800, but I made out like a bandit when I sold it. Should have replaced it with a VEPR, but guess that ship has sailed. That reminds me that I need to pick up some Childers receivers.

9mm is where it's at. Just more convenient.
I like it but then again I am not a long range shooter. I just like the optics and the fact its 54R. I shoot a lot of X39 as well. I have more 9mms than anything and all my machine guns are 9mm. You gotta make cut backs on everything you see so I started testing tula 9mm. Sadly its the most consistent , spicy and cheapest ammo VS all other common decently priced brands. My sten gun runs 100% with tula. It wont even get through a whole mag of White box or remington brass cased ammo. So , I just run tula. I am mad all the X54R surplus is gone. I dont mind buying tula in X54R either but I liked spam cans better.

I like it but then again I am not a long range shooter. I just like the optics and the fact its 54R. I shoot a lot of X39 as well. I have more 9mms than anything and all my machine guns are 9mm. You gotta make cut backs on everything you see so I started testing tula 9mm. Sadly its the most consistent , spicy and cheapest ammo VS all other common decently priced brands. My sten gun runs 100% with tula. It wont even get through a whole mag of White box or remington brass cased ammo. So , I just run tula. I am mad all the X54R surplus is gone. I dont mind buying tula in X54R either but I liked spam cans better.
I get that 100%. Getting out to a range that's over 100 yards is a lot more work and typically more expensive.
I have had good luck with Tula. It goes bang every time. It's dirty, but so is WWB. I even use the 223 stuff in a couple of my cheaper rifles and it's been great, even at 200 yards out. Lot of bang for buck going on there.

I get that 100%. Getting out to a range that's over 100 yards is a lot more work and typically more expensive.
I have had good luck with Tula. It goes bang every time. It's dirty, but so is WWB. I even use the 223 stuff in a couple of my cheaper rifles and it's been great, even at 200 yards out. Lot of bang for buck going on there.
Indeed. I don’t mind dirty as I always clean after range fun . The problem for me is inconsistent ammo. It’s rare people can notice with a semi auto.

With a machine gun inconsistent ammo shows itself half way through the first mag . Amazingly tula is the most consistent anywhere in that price window .

Back
Top Bottom