How is the milsurp market these days?

Seems to me the days of 'interesting' surplus guns being imported is largely gone.

As there's a finite supply the best examples are appreciating quite steeply in some cases. K31, Lahti, even the good old Russian Nagant they gave away at $99 or less I see listed at $250+ !

Take Lugers, a few years ago you could buy a decent russian / east german dipped for around $600-$700. Now, it seems, even pretty poor examples can push $1k+ on the open market. There are still a few places they change hands for more sensible numbers, but anything collectible is pretty much beyond my reach nowadays.
We stop buying at that price then it will start going down but I doubt that will happen, we have a problem with DIRTY POLITICIANS scaring most people into fear buying so it drives up by the price!

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

We stop buying at that price then it will start going down but I doubt that will happen, we have a problem with DIRTY POLITICIANS scaring most people into fear buying so it drives up by the price!

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
Surplus rifles are no longer coming in the way they used to. Even though politics have some role in access to supply, it's an economic issue of supply and demand. Those rifles are not made anymore. Those rifles are also not affected very much by panic buying. It was still easy to get a cheap Mosin after Sandy Hook.

Had a great time today out at Creekside. Had a special guest with me today. My new to me Garand shoots amazingly well.

C1C77DD7-26D3-4FED-95D1-1EB55B2CB817.jpeg
2E546701-3D2D-4F79-A0EC-F27D0804F8D4.jpeg

Great range day yesterday for my son's birthday!

Top to bottom
H&R Garand
IHC Garand
Winchester Garand in CMP stock
Winchester Garand in tiger stripe stock
G43 AC44
Luxembourg FN49
SVT-40
M1941 Johnson

Above the top Garand is a Beretta CX4 I also shot my PSA AR
Also took some pistols not pictured were a C96, P-08, Astra 600 and a 1945 Inglis Hi Power
IMG_5687.jpg

Great range day yesterday for my son's birthday!

Top to bottom
H&R Garand
IHC Garand
Winchester Garand in CMP stock
Winchester Garand in tiger stripe stock
G43 AC44
Luxembourg FN59
SVT-40
M1941 Johnson

Above the top Garand is a Beretta CX4 I also shot my PSA AR
Also took some pistols not pictured were a C96, P-08, Astra 600 and a 1945 Inglis Hi Power
View attachment 1736271
What a nice day to shoot! Happy Birthday to your Son! Great looking rifles! WOWZA.

Back
Top Bottom