How many Harley Riders do we have on here?????

pigpen1

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
This thread is not just Harley's, if you ride other types please feel free to post in here too! I thought this might be a good thread to discuss or announce rides or swap meets or just show off pics of your ride. Anything involving street bikes...

I been rideing a harley sence 1990. I've been across the country twice,(on a bike) once in 2004, spent 15 days on the road, covered 21 states, 6,413 miles.
Then done pretty much the same trip in 2007.
Thanks for the invite to the site. I'm known as Harley45

Oh man! that would be nice. I want to ride to sturgis. My wifes dad drag raced TopFuel Double Engine Harleys in the 70's before switching to Metric inline 4 cly in the 80's. She went to sturgis then, they use to close down main street and have the dragrace there. We are going to go one day. Her dad was Elmer Trett, he was the first man to brake the 200mph barrier in a 1/4 mile. My wife is on the crew of the Worlds Fastest Motorcycle team now, the Larry "Spiderman" Mcbride Top Fuel team. He is in the 2010 Guneiss Book.

I ride a '03 wideglide. I attempted a cross country trip with my brother last year. Rained hard all day for the first 3 days, made it to Texas and after camping in what we thought would be good weather, monsoon that night, we decided to come back. Gonna try again next year but not in the rainy season.

Last edited:
I ride a '03 wideglide. I attempted a cross country trip with my brother last year. Rained hard all day for the first 3 days, made it to Texas and after camping in what we thought would be good weather, monsoon that night, we decided to come back. Gonna try again next year but not in the rainy season.

That sucks.... We are riding the Blueridge parkway up into Virgina this coming weekend, I hope the weather cooperates.

Here is a pic of my wife on her dads double engine Harley in the 70's.

scan0001.jpg

I got 2 twin cams both 08's but I like the attention my 77 Electra Glide Shovel gets.I have an Evo hot rod,an 85 SuperGlide thats been slammed and blacked out.Its a ton of fun to ride long as you ain't going far.Want an adventure....leave for Daytona in the 70's on a Shovel.You knew you were breaking down somewhere but everybody could work on 'em.Points and plugs,condenser all at the auto parts store.6 cylinder Chevy I think,set the points with a matchbook,had a spark plug gapper on your key ring.Champion plugs 12y or something like that,and a master link for your chain.Memories some good some bad,but I tell ypu what,I really like my Street Bob or the Nite Train,awe heck it don't matter,long as I can still ride.That's what its all about anyway.

Well I may as well show my age... My first Hog was a 1963 Panhead I bought used in 1966. Sure wish I had her today. I dated my HS sweetheart (Married in 1968) and we didn’t own a cage until 1970 when my son was born. Currently own a 1998 FXSTC Softail and a 1984 Shovelhead FLHS. Due to health reasons I've not been too active riding. I circle the neighborhood on both bikes just to keep them lubed and good running condition. But the drop foot, TKR, and siatic nerve problems prevent me from doing what I love. Wind in my face on long leisurely rides... :(

The 98 FXSTC is for sale on here.... :(

Attachments

• shovel pre restore.jpg
    shovel pre restore.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 67
84 last year for the Shovel.Lot of memories of 'em.Had one of the 72 Superglides with the Boatail,what do I do pull it off put a fender on it and give the tailpiece away.Things are priceless now.Tires were $5. Like the new ones though even if I can't work on it..Should have the new look on my Glide pretty soon,hard bags,tour pak,black lowers on the w/s.Black cast wheels from a 78.If I ever learn how I will post pics of it and the Evo.Everybodys seen the new ones. Old guys rule.

Back
Top Bottom